Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wisconsin Easterly


I didn't pick the best time of year to start a new blog. Family, travel, holidays...way too much to do.

Here is a photo of another Easterly 38. It was sent to me by another Easterly owner who has been collecting info about them.

This boat looks very similar to a 1980 model on my pier that is said to be the last Easterly 38 made. I have no way of verifying that.

It is a bit different from some other 38's in that the topside is very squared-off. You can see that the standing area in the forward cabin is more angular than other Easterly's.

I also noticed that the combing on the cockpit sides is narrower than some other 38's I have seen. I don't know why someone would go to the length of making a new mold for such subtle changes, but it happened. I also can't understand what the advantage would be.

Feel free to chime in if you have any ideas.

If you have any Easterly photos, email them to me, along with any info you have, at danahersoutdoorsatgmaildotcom. Obviously, use @ and . instead of "at" and "dot".

1 comment: